.tabs-inner { padding: 0px; } .section { margin: 0px; } .header-inner .widget { margin: 0px; }

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Nimbuzz versus Fring

I am using Nokia 5800 XM since 10 months & I love my phone a lot. Well it supports many kind of apps & it is more than a PC for me. I love online apps the most & for social networking, I use two apps called Fring & Nimbuzz. Below is a small review about these 2 apps.

Initially I was using Fring, then i switched on to Nimbuzz. The only additional feature in Nimbuzz is that the profile pictures can be seen whereas Fring doesn't support this feature. And also Nimbuzz supports Facebook which is good for me to keep in touch with my facebook buddies.

Even though Nimbuzz has got all these features, I still love Fring coz Nimbuzz has its own drawbacks.

  • Too slow in connecting to its own server
  • Connection will be lost frequently & tries to reconnect by several attempts
  • Auto update not available. However there is option to check the availability of the latest version, but if clicked, it says "Great! Your Nimbuzz version is up to date" even though newer versions have been released.
  • There is also problem with the Gtalk voice chat feature. Whenever I try to place a gtalk call, it says "VoIP feature is currently blocked in your current internet connection". But I dont find any problem in Fring. However there will be a 2 sec delay from the time the opposite caller speak & the time I listen their voice, but this can be adjusted.
  • Nimbuzz doesn't allow Video calls whereas Fring has got this feature on 3G & WiFi.
I don't find these problems in Fring & it works well for me. If new version is released, as soon as you open the app, it gives you the link to the latest version. Connection never loses on its own until there is problem in the network.

So I now prefer Fring over Nimbuzz. I think Nimbuzz team has to look over all these bugs & try to solve them....

No comments: